Almost all iPhone users must have faced the issue of seeing the iPhone logo stuck when you start up the phone. Is your iPhone stuck on the Apple logo too? You’ve come to the right place. First, we have listed the reasons that may cause your iPhone to be stuck on the iPhone logo. Then we’ll guide you on how to fix these issues so that you can peacefully use your iPhone. These methods will only work for iPhones that have some software issue. If your phone has physical damage externally or internally then these steps might not work. Those devices need might require repair. You can contact the nearest Apple-authorized repair store or Apple Store for such repairs.
These methods can also be used on iPad and iPod Touch devices if you face the same issue. Let us start with the causes of why your iPhone is stuck on Apple Logo.
Reasons why your iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo?
There can be many reasons why you are facing this issue. Check the list below and check if you have followed any of these steps that have caused your iPhone to be stuck on Apple logo. Here are some of the reasons why your iPhone stuck on Apple logo.
- Jailbreak – If you tried to jailbreak your iPhone then when you reboot your phone then it may get stuck on the iPhone logo. You need to undo this jailbreak and then if you still face this issue then go to the second part of the article.
- Hardware Issue – If your iPhone’s hardware is damaged then it may also cause the iPhone to be stuck on the Apple logo. If you dropped your phone recently or accidentally exposed it to water then it may cause hardware damage or damage to the internal components. Try the methods given below if still, it doesn’t work then you may need to take your iPhone for service or repair. Once, the damaged hardware is repaired or replaced then your iPhone will work fine. You can get it repaired at the nearest Apple-authorized repair store. Also, it may be possible that your device had a software issue long after it was damaged. You can try the steps if your device was damaged a long back and you’re facing issues suddenly.
- Updates or Restore – Every user performs updated regularly and sometimes you may need to restore your iPhone too. If there is some issue while your phone is updating or get restored then it may cause your iPhone to get stuck on the Apple logo.
- iTunes Restore – If you restored your iPhone through iTunes to iCloud then it also cause this issue. Just follow the steps given if your iPhone is stuck on Apple logo.
If your iPhone is not Starting up or is frozen
Your device is stuck on a frozen screen and is not responding to touch at all? Then follow the steps given below:
If your screen is just stuck with a black screen then you may need to force restart your iPhone. You can force restart your device if you follow the steps given below. We have also listed how you can perform a force restart on an iPad and iPod too.
- For iPhone 7, 7 Plus, and iPod touch: You need to press and hold the side/power button with the Volume down button until you see the Apple logo.
- iPhone 8 or later/iPad which has Face ID: You need to press the Volume up button and quickly release it. Then perform the action again with the Volume down button. And lastly, press the Side/power button and hold it until the iPhone reboots.
- For iPhone 6s or earlier models/iPad with Home button/ iPod (6th gen) or earlier: You need to press the Home button together with the side button and hold them together until you can see the Apple logo.
If still your iPhone won’t start-up
- You need to charge your iPhone for at least an hour. Make sure you wait the whole time, most people get impatient and remove their iPhone from charging.
- You will see the charging screen after some time of charging.
- If you don’t see the charging screen within an hour then you need to check our article about iPhone won’t charge after battery drained completely. Which has a section about if you don’t see the charging screen on iPhone.
If your iPhone has finally turned on but is stuck during start-up
Follow the steps given below to resolve this issue:
- You need to connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure the USB cable is connected properly. Then you need to open iTunes on your computer. Download and install iTunes if you haven’t done it already.
- Then you need to locate your device on iTunes.
- When your phone is being connected, you need to follow these steps:
- For iPhone 8 or later: You need to press the Volume up button and quickly release it. Then perform the action again with the Volume down button. And lastly, press the Side button and hold it until the iPhone enters recovery mode.
- iPhone models iPhone 8: Press the Side button and then press the Volume Down button together. Press and hold until your phone enters the recovery mode.
- Once the device is in recovery mode, you will get the option of restoring or updating your device then let it Update. Your computer will install iOS without deleting your data.
We hope that after reading this article your issue ‘iPhone Stuck on Apple logo’ is resolved. If you have any questions you can drop it in the comments, we’ll get back to you soon.