How to Change Amazon Firestick Name?
In this age of streaming, almost every household has some sort of a streaming device for their TVs. Amazon’s Fire Stick is one of the most sold devices in their category. Some people now have multiple Fire Sticks at their homes. They look all the same, so sometimes they can get mixed up. You’ll need to try each one, log in, and till you know which one is yours.
See Also: How to Get Rid of Virus on Firestick
All Fire Sticks have a standard name, if you add a custom name you’ll know which one is yours as soon as you plug it in. You can easily change the device name in your Amazon account. Just follow the steps given below to change the name on Amazon Fire Stick.
How to Change Your Amazon Fire Stick Name?
There are two ways by which you can change the name on your Fire Stick. You can either do it by accessing your Amazon account through the official website or by the Amazon app on any smartphone. Also, make sure you log in to the Amazon account that is associated with the Fire Stick you want to change the name of.
Method 1: Change Amazon Firestick Name on any Smartphone
First, you’ll need to download the Amazon app on your smartphone and log in to your Amazon account. Once you have logged in follow the steps given below:
- Once you have logged in, you need to click on an icon like this ≡ on the top left of the screen.
- You will see a drop-down menu open up. Find ‘Your Account’ and click on it.
- Then select the ‘Content and Devices Option’. Then select the ‘Devices’ option.
- Locate and select the Fire Stick you want to have a custom name.
- Then click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Enter the name you want to be set for the Fire Stick in the pop-up that appears.
- Then make sure you tap on the ‘Save’ button.
Method 2: Change Amazon Firestick Name Through the Amazon Website
You can also change the Amazon Firestick name through the official Amazon Website. Just make sure you login to the Amazon account that is associated with the Fire Stick you want to change the name of.
To change the name of your Fire Stick you’ll need to have the exact name of your Fire Stick to edit it. You can easily get the same through the settings section on your Fire Stick. Just follow the steps given below to get the exact name of your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Open the Settings on your Fire Stick app.
- Then find and click on the ‘My Fire TV’ option.
- Then select “Fire TV Stick”. Specify the model and you’ll see the name.
Note the name down or just take a picture of it. Once you have the name you need to login to your Amazon Account on the official website. Once you have logged in, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: First, you need to find the ‘Let Us Help You’ section on the bottom of the page and click on ‘Manage Your Content and Devices’ under it.
Step 2: Then you need to tap on ‘Your Devices’.
Step 3: Locate and select the Fire Stick you want to have a custom name.
Step 4: Then you need to select the ‘Edit’ button just beside the device name.
Step 5: Enter a new name for your Fire Stick and click on ‘Save’.
You can also follow the same steps to change the name of any other Amazon device too.