Table of Contents
Avast Antivirus is one of the leading cross-platform internet security applications that you’ll find in the Market. Avast Antivirus products include software that provides computer security, antivirus software, antispyware, anti-phishing, and much more. Some of these services are free but some services require some payment to be made before they can be used.
While making the payment or billing Avast has the option of saving your current payment method and payment details so that you can use it in the future with ease. Also before you make the payment there is an option to switch automatic renewals on or off that most people don’t notice. If you’ve saved your payment method and payment details. And also automatic renewals are set to ‘On’ then at the end of your subscription payment then they will charge you and the subscription will be renewed.
Most of us only realize this when we receive the billing of the payment that has already been made to avast for renewal. This can cause a problem for people who didn’t want to take additional services but had to pay some charge for the same. Don’t worry if you are currently facing this issue, this article has all you need to know.
We have given the instructions for the process of canceling your subscription and getting the money back. Firstly, for people who just want to change the Automatic renewal setting, we have also listed some ways by which you can set Automatic renewal to Off and then a step-by-step guide to getting a DRI Avast software refund. This article will provide a solution for all your avast refund problems.
How to Cancel Avast Auto-Renewal / Subscription?
You must be wondering how do I cancel avast? No worries, we will guide you in answering how to end your Avast subscription.
If you bought the product i.e DRI Avast Software from an online seller or from Avast Official site you are eligible to claim the refunds by raising the request online. Also, understand that the product you purchased is not completed 30 days, you are eligible for money back. You can also check the Refund Policy available on their website.
Avast company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee from the date of charge of all the Avast products as per their refund policy on online purchase.
Before moving ahead, we want to remind you that have your original purchase or subscription details and billing handy. This even applies when you want to contact Avast Customer support personal.
By any chance, if you had bought the product from a local store or 3rd party reseller, then 30 days money-back guarantee does not apply.
There are three ways you can cancel your Avast auto-renewal. The first method involves disabling auto-renewal through the Order portal. Secondly, you can also change the setting through your Avast account. Or you can simply contact Avast support and ask them to disable auto-renewal settings themselves.
We have given a detailed step-by-step guide for every method we have listed above. Select whichever solution suits you best and follow the step guide to Cancel Avast Auto-Renewal.
Quick Tip: You may send refund requests to Avast using this link: https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/sales_refund
Method 1 (Through Avast Order Portal)
- First, you need to log in to the Digital River order Portal at https://avast.com/find-order/. Then log in using your order number and password. (Can be found in the inbox of the email ID you registered with)
- Once you’ve logged in, click on the ‘Manage Subscription’ Section.
- On the ‘Manage Subscription’ page find ‘Automatic Renewals’ and set it to ‘Off’ as shown in the picture below. You might receive a pop-up, verify by clicking onto the ‘Disable Automatic Renewal‘ link appearing on the pop-up message.
Also, you will receive a confirmation email for the same after you’ve followed all steps.
Method 2 (Through Avast Account)
- Open Avast and move to the Avast A/c section by clicking on ‘sign in’ in the top corner.
- Now log in using the email you used at the time of the purchase.
- Once you’re logged in, go to the ‘Licenses’ section and search for ‘Your Licenses’, and click on it.
- Next, search for the auto-renewal license and select the ‘deactivate auto-renewal subscription’ to cancel it.
Once you’re done with all the steps you will receive a confirmation email for the same.
Method 3 (Through Avast Support)
If you can’t perform the above steps you can simply ask Avast support to do it for you.
- Go to the link https://support.avast.com/en-us/contact/sales_refund. Fill in all the required information with your cancellation request. Remember to give the email address you made the purchase with.
- Wait for the Confirmation from Avast Customer Service and you’re done.
How to apply for DRI Avast Refund Request:
Now that you know how to stop the auto-renewal of Avast services now let us look at how to request a refund if auto-renewal is already done. Follow these simple steps for DRI Avast Software Refund. You will receive your payment within 30 days after the payment was originally made.
- Visit the official website of Avast.
- Find and move to the ‘Sales and Refund’ section.
- Provide the information that they are asking for. (use email ID used while making the purchase)
- After a few minutes, the customer service response will confirm your request for a refund.
Once you receive the response your refund will be made in a few days. We hope this article helped you to cancel your Avast Subscription and get your DRI Avast Software Refund.