Wanting to change carrier name on iPhone? You can use any third-party apps to change the carrier name on your iPhone. We have listed a few of those methods below. You can choose whatever method suits you to change the carrier.
See Also: Eim Email Setup For iPhone
How to change carrier name on iPhone using Carrier Editor
Cydia recently released Carrier Editor, a third-party app you can use to change carrier name on your phone. You can either set any text of your choice or use any preset provided in Carrier Editor. You need to download the carrier editor on you Mac OS then follow the steps given below:
- Once you have downloaded Carrier Editor, you see a file name CarrierEditor.app. Run this file.
- Then you’ll see the Carrier editor installation window popup. Select the “Let’s Get Started” option to install it.
- Next, you need to figure out the version of your carrier. To look for it, you need to open Settings>General>About then go down and look for “Carrier“. And note down the version number of your carrier.
- Then you have to enter this number into the input box and then select ‘Next‘.
- Now you have to select the device you want to change the carrier name on and then select the carrier name option. Make sure your carrier is installed, else it won’t be listed.
- You can choose from about 10 icons that come with the .dmg file or use text to replace the carrier name. Also, you can choose not 1 but 2 icons too as the carrier name. Drag and place the icons you want to use.
- Once you have put the icons in place, you need to select the Compile Carrier Update (.ipcc) Option.
- Now your desktop will have two files. You can use either of them to change the carrier name.
Once you have completed the steps given above you need to place this file on your device to display the custom icon. Now, follow the steps given below:
- You need to open iTunes and click select your device.
- Click the Alt (Option) and select the option ‘Restore iPhone’
- Now choose the .ipcc file you generated (it won’t have original in the name)
- Once your device is restored, you will be able to see the custom icon on your iPhone.
Conclusion: We hope that you were able to change the carrier name on iPhone by following the steps we have given above. Only Mac users can use this method as Carrier Editor is not available on Windows. If you have any query then feel free to post in the comments section below. Also if you know any other method to change the carrier name just mention in the comments.