Are you looking for the best antivirus software to protect your computer? You have probably heard of two of the most popular software in the market, Avast, and Kaspersky. Both have been around for a long time and offer high-level security features. But which one is better?
Avast and Kaspersky are two of the leading antivirus programs in the market that provide basic as well as advanced security features to protect your system from malicious attacks. Each program has its own strengths and weaknesses, so deciding on the right one can be difficult.
In this article, we will compare Avast Software Vs Kaspersky to help you determine which is better for your particular needs. We will look at features such as ease of use, price, performance, protection level, customer support options, and more before providing a conclusion.
Table of Contents
Definition of Avast Software and Kaspersky
Avast Software is a cybersecurity software company that provides computer security and anti-virus protection against malware, ransomware, and other malicious threats. Founded in 1988, Avast continues to be one of the most popular anti-virus solutions in the market today.
Kaspersky is an antivirus and cyber security provider that protects users from various forms of malware, viruses, and other online threats. It provides multi-platform protection for Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS devices. It also offers advanced threat protection for business networks.
Overviews of Kaspersky
Kaspersky is an antivirus and cybersecurity software company that provides a range of products and services for businesses and individuals. Its flagship program, Kaspersky Internet Security, provides comprehensive protection against cyber threats including viruses, ransomware, zero-day attacks, phishing, malicious websites, and more. The company also offers cloud security solutions, endpoint protection solutions, and mobile security solutions to help protect customer data while they are online. Kaspersky has developed specialized security solutions designed to meet the specific needs of government organizations and critical sector companies.
Differences Between Avast Software and Kaspersky
|Price Points for Premium Versions||$59.99 USD for one device to $159.99 USD for up to 10 devices||$99.99 for one device and can reach up to $299.99 for up to 15 devices|
|Additional Features Offered||Avast has advanced security features including automatic updates, real-time protection, ransomware protection, email protection, web shield, and more.||Kaspersky is an antivirus software that provides users with additional features to protect their computers from viruses, malware, and other threats.|
|Security Levels for Both Programs||Avast uses a variety of techniques to detect and remove viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, and other malicious software. It also offers advanced features such as email protection and website filtering.||Kaspersky also provides users with access to their secure online vault where they can store and manage important files securely.|
|Real-Time Protection Provided||Avast provides real-time protection through its range of antivirus and security software which can detect and remove viruses and other malicious threats that may try to infect your devices in real time.||Kaspersky provides real-time protection that helps protect your device from malicious software and threats, such as viruses, ransomware, spyware, Trojans, rootkits, and more. It continuously monitors the computer and automatically blocks new threats.|
|Mobile Device Support||Avast offers free mobile security and antivirus protection for Android and iOS devices||Kaspersky offers comprehensive mobile device support with a wide range of solutions to secure and protect applications, data, and devices on all major platforms and operating systems including iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS|
|Quick Scans Available||With Avast, you can quickly scan your system to check for any threats or viruses. This can be done with the help of its user-friendly interface and robust scanning technology||Kaspersky offers quick scans that help you detect potential threats and malicious software on your computer with discuss topics related to computer security. Avast also offers an extensive knowledge base with hin seconds with security tutorials, FAQs, and other helpful information. y risks|
|File Shredder Capabilities Provided||Avast’s file shredder capabilities allow users to permanently delete sensitive data from their computer||Kaspersky Total Security provides a reliable file shredder that can securely and completely delete sensitive files|
|Browser Extensions Included||Avast offers browser extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge that help protect users’ online security and privacy||Kaspersky offers multiple browser extensions to help protect your online security, privacy, and identity|
|Color Scheme Variety Available||Avast offers a variety of color schemes, ranging from bright and energetic to soothing and calming||Kaspersky offers a variety of color schemes to choose from, including Classic (White/Grey), Science (Light Blue/Dark Blue), Space (Bright Colors/Dark Colors), and Entertainment (Aqua/Orange)|
|Bank Mode Accessibility||Avast offers bank mode accessibility to help users protect their banking and financial data, allowing transactions to be performed in a secure environment by providing an extra layer of security with an encrypted connection||Bank mode provides additional layers of protection against keyloggers, hackers, phishing attempts, and malicious software that might attempt to steal or intercept your data or banking details|
Price Points for Premium Versions for both Avast and Kaspersky
- Avast’s Premium version prices range from $59.99 USD for one device to $159.99 USD for up to 10 devices.
- While Kaspersky’s Premium version prices start at $99.99 and can reach up to $299.99 for up to 15 devices.
Additional Features Offered by Avast And Kaspersky
- Avast and Kaspersky offer a wide range of additional security features, including advanced malware protection, real-time scanning, browser protection, firewall protections, parental controls, password managers, encryption tools, identity theft protection, anti-phishing technology, and more.
- Avast and Kaspersky also offer a variety of extra features that users may find beneficial.
- Avast provides automated software updates, web shields, email protection, and ransomware protection.
- Kaspersky offers cloud security solutions, endpoint protection solutions, and mobile security solutions to help protect customer data while they are online.
- The company also has developed specialized security solutions tailored to the needs of government organizations and critical sector companies.
Security Levels for Both Avast and Kaspersky
- Both Avast and Kaspersky offer high levels of security for users.
- They provide anti-malware protection, anti-phishing protection, web threat scanning, firewall security, and other features that help keep users safe from cyber threats.
- Each product offers varying levels of protection depending on the specific needs of the user.
Real-Time Protection Provided by Avast and Kaspersky
- Avast and Kaspersky offer real-time protection to help keep users safe from malicious threats.
- Both companies use a range of techniques to detect and remove viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware, rootkits, and other malicious software that may try to infect your devices in real-time.
- The programs also offer advanced features such as email protection and website filtering to help protect users from phishing attacks, malicious websites, and other online threats.
Mobile Device Support for Avast and Kaspersky
- Avast and Kaspersky both offer mobile device support, allowing users to protect their mobile devices from security threats.
- Both companies also have apps available for iOS and Android devices that provide additional features and protection.
Customer Support Provided by Avast and Kaspersky
- Avast and Kaspersky both provide comprehensive customer support for their users.
- Avast offers customer service in more than 30 languages, offering support through email, phone, and live chat.
- The company also has a knowledge base available with helpful articles and tutorials for users who need assistance troubleshooting their antivirus software.
Quick Scans Available with Avast and Kaspersky
- Both Avast and Kaspersky offer quick scans of your system that can detect potential security threats and malware.
- These scans usually take a few minutes to complete and help ensure your device is secure and protected against emerging online threats.
File Shredder Capabilities Provided by Avast and Kaspersky
- Avast and Kaspersky both provide file shredder capabilities that allow users to permanently delete files from their systems.
- The file shredder tools overwrite the original data with random gibberish in order to make the data unrecoverable and thus increase your security and privacy.
Browser Extensions Included Avast and Kaspersky
- Avast and Kaspersky both offer browser extensions that can provide added protection while browsing the web.
- The extensions can block malicious websites, detect phishing attempts, and alert users to any potential malicious activity.
- They can also provide secure web filters and anti-tracking technologies to help protect users’ privacy online.
- Color Scheme Variety Available Avast and Kaspersky
- Avast offers a wide range of colors for its products, including shades of blue, green, yellow, and red.
- Kaspersky also provides the same color scheme options as Avast, with shades ranging from purple to light green.
Bank Mode Accessibility on Both Avast and Kaspersky
- Both Avast and Kaspersky offer Bank Mode Accessibility, which is designed to offer extra layers of security when you’re banking or shopping online.
- It helps protect your personal data while also blocking threats like phishing attempts and malicious websites.
Pros of Avast Software
- Avast Software provides comprehensive protection against online threats like viruses, malware, and ransomware.
- It has a simple user interface, is easy to set up and configure, and can protect multiple devices simultaneously.
- It offers robust security features such as real-time virus scanning, automatic virus signature updates, a web shield for browsing the internet safely, plus a secure VPN for extra privacy when browsing the web or downloading files.
Pros of Kaspersky
Pros of Kaspersky include
- Its comprehensive security protection, user-friendly interface, real-time monitoring, and advanced malware detection capabilities.
- It also offers strong parental control features and powerful encryption to protect personal data.
- It is frequently updated with the latest security threats so that users are always well protected.
Cons of Avast Software
Some of the cons of Avast Software include
Potential system slowdowns, an increased risk of false positives when detecting security threats, unreliable customer support, and a lack of features compared to competing antivirus software.
Cons of Kaspersky
The cons of Kaspersky include
- The cost of the product.
- Slow scanning speeds in some cases, false positives, mediocre customer service, and lack of compatibility with certain programs.
- It is important to note that Kaspersky has faced controversy since 2017 concerning its suspected ties to Russian intelligence services.
Conclusion: Which is Better, Avast or Kaspersky?
- Avast and Kaspersky are two of the most popular antivirus and cybersecurity software providers.
- Both offer a range of protection features and prices that differ depending on the number of devices they protect.
- Features offered by both companies include real-time protection, mobile device support, quick scans, file shredder capabilities, browser extensions, color scheme selection, and bank mode accessibility.